Who is a Candidate?
- If you have sagging breasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, or aging.
- If the sagging is too great to be treated with an implant alone.
- If your nipple-areolar complex (pigmented areas around nipples) are enlarged.
- An elevated, more youthful breast contour.
- Nipple-areolar complexes of the desired size and at the correct height
- The procedure is done on an outpatient basis under IV sedation or general anesthesia.
- The design of the incisions can vary but usually include incisions around the nipple areolar complex and in the crease under the breast.
- The nipple-areolar complex is repositioned higher, the excess skin is removed, and the breast is reshaped in a pleasing contour and in a more normal position.
- The insertion of an implant as well, may or may not be advisable.
Recuperation and Healing
- The patient goes home in a sport’s bra with only light dressings over the incision lines.
- The bra is worn as a “dressing” for 2-3 weeks.
- Sutures are usually completely removed within 2-3 weeks.
- Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication.
- Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.
- An additional procedure that would enhance the result is Breast Augmentation— if the breasts are saggy in addition to being small. Implants give superior fullness!
The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are rare.
Contact us to schedule an appointment or to learn more about Breast Lift.