In time, gravity, sun exposure, and the stresses of daily life take their toll on our faces. Facelifts counteract these problems by removing fat and tightening skin and muscles, giving your face a fresher, youthful look.
Who is a Candidate?
- If you have experienced a loss of skin elasticity and muscle tone of the face and neck.
- If you have the appearance of jowls.
- If you have developed facial and neck wrinkles.
- If you believe you lack youthful chin and neck contours.
- If you think you have a tired facial appearance.
- A more rested and youthful contour to the face and neck.
- The operation is done on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia with sedation, or under general anesthesia.
- Incisions are made within the hairline (or along the hair margin) above the ear, extending down around the lobe and ending in or below the hairline behind the ear. The subcutaneous layers and neck muscles are tightened, the facial skin is redraped and lifted, and the excess skin is removed.
Recuperation and Healing
- The patient goes home with head and neck wrapped in dressings, which are usually removed the next day.
- Minimal initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication.
- Sutures are removed within 14 days. Bruising and swelling decrease to “socially acceptable” levels in 10-20 days.
- The final result is evident in 4-6 weeks or sooner with continued improvement for several months.
- Additional procedures that would enhance the result are: Eyelid Lift, Brow Lift, Chemical Peel, Facial Sanding (dermabrasion), Chin Enlargement, Nose Reshaping (rhinoplasty), Fat Suction, and Laser Skin Resurfacing, Cheekbone Enhancement, Augmentation/Enhancement of Lips, Reduction of Earlobes.
The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are rare.
Contact us to schedule an appointment or to learn more about Facelift / Neck Lift.